What does Sunshine have to offer you?
- Reasonable work hours. Do you want to work Monday to Friday and have most of your weekends free? This position works Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 5pm. Occasionally with evening or weekend work to support events.
- Consistent salary. The range for this position is $63,000 to $78,000 per year with the opportunity for increases on a yearly basis.
- Physical and mental health benefits. Sunshine provides a comprehensive and competitive health, dental and Employee Assistance benefits program to support the health and well-being of our team members.
- Commitment to your growth and development. Each team member has a budget for personal development each year. Sunshine also provides internal training and ensures consistent coaching and development.
- Future financial security. Sunshine offers a group matching RSP program and provides life insurance.
- Fun work environment. No success is too small to celebrate! We also recognize the important life moments for our team. We have virtual and in-person events just for the fun of it.
- Experienced leadership team
- A compelling mission
Let’s talk about you!
You are someone who:
- Has a post-secondary degree in a related field.
- Has enjoyed working in fund development with focus on Signature events, third party events, and sponsorship.
- Enjoys working with volunteers from across Canada.
- Has the ability to juggle multiple priorities effectively to ensure conflicting deadlines are met.
- Is a creative thinker and problem solver under pressure.
- Is savvy with technology and social media and has advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams.
- Has experience working in a customer relationship database…having Raiser’s Edge experience would be fantastic!
- Has excellent listening skills to hear what is said as well as what is not said when talking with volunteers, event organizers, and event committees.
- Is comfortable negotiating with vendors.
- Has excellent written communication and public speaking skills. Being bilingual is an asset.
- Is willing and able to travel within Ontario and occasionally within Canada. You also have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Is willing and able to provide proof of vaccination as recommended by federal and/or provincial guidance.
- Lives in the Southwest Ontario region between Windsor and Toronto
What will you do in this role?
Reporting directly to the Director of Philanthropy, the Events and Community Engagement Manager is a key member of the Fund Development team as we launch and execute our Comprehensive Campaign. This will include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Manage Signature Events, Third Party Events, and Community Partner portfolios. Ensuring goals are met or exceeded and community partners stewarded and retained.
- Lead existing group of volunteers and ensure Sunshine’s volunteer needs are met through proactive recruitment, engagement, and stewardship of volunteers across Canada.
- Proactively recruit new Third-Party Events
- Communicate effectively with many types of people using a variety of channels.
- Always represents Sunshine professionally.
- Recruit and manage summer event team members.
- Maintain the Raiser’s Edge database and produce statistical reports.
- Performing other duties as assigned
Download the job description for more details:
Next step? That is up to you.
Would you like to learn more about this opportunity and how you may be able to join the team at Sunshine? Apply today! We will be filling this position as quickly as possible.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to careers [at] sunshine [dot] ca
Please explore www.sunshine.ca for more information about Sunshine.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Sunshine Foundation of Canada is an equal opportunity employer.