Volunteers make dreams happen. In regions across Canada, volunteers are at the heart of Sunshine, sharing their valuable time and skills. They’re planning events, helping with local Sunshine Dreams, and engaging their communities. No matter what they’re doing, our volunteers are making a difference for Sunshine Dreamers, making it possible for Sunshine to fulfill so many dreams for kids who deserve an extra special experience.
At this time, we are not accepting volunteer applications.
You can still get involved: be a community ambassador, or host a fundraiser your own way. Visit DreamRaiser for ideas.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What types of volunteer roles are available?
a) Sunshine signature events or third party events: Set-up/tear-down, selling tickets, parking, etc.
b) DreamLift: On-Plane volunteers (reserved for medical professionals only to assist children during their adventure to Disney.) *The Sunshine DreamLift is on pause in 2023 until further notice.
c) Sunshine Bear: Dress up as our outgoing and friendly Sunshine Bear, or be Bear's handler
2. Sunshine Operations:
a) Admin Support: Provide support for the Sunshine office team including data entry, writing, research, etc.
b) Call Campaigns: Make calls to Sunshine's network of donors, volunteers or corporate partners as needed
3. Fundraising: Create your own event or host an event. Details on DreamRaiser.
4. Dream Delivery: Deliver a dream to a Sunshine dream recipient
5. Community Ambassador: Assist Sunshine in recruiting new volunteers in your community
- Do I need to have previous volunteer experience?
No, volunteer experience is not mandatory but considered a bonus.
- Do I need a police check to volunteer?
Some of our volunteer roles may require a police check. The costs of this will be covered by Sunshine.
- Where do I find information about current volunteer opportunities?
We will post all opportunities here on our website. You can also follow us on social media to stay in touch.
- When is the next Sunshine DreamLift in my area and how can I volunteer to take part?
The Sunshine DreamLift is on pause in 2023 until further notice. There are 2 ways to get involved with Sunshine DreamLift. We recruit Land Crew volunteers to assist with on the ground events surrounding the program as well as On-Plane volunteers to assist with the medical needs of the children who will be on each flight. On-Plane volunteers are recruited depending on the medical needs of the children. If you are a healthcare professional, and see a DreamLift in your area, please reach out to dreams [at] sunshine [dot] ca for more information on volunteering for these specialized roles.
- How will I find out what is happening with Sunshine?
The Volunteer e-Newsletter is sent out every other month to registered volunteers and has information on upcoming volunteer opportunities as well as success stories. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- What do I need to do if I or a group of volunteers wants to organize a fundraising event in support of Sunshine?
Fundraising events are important to Sunshine- large or small. They help to spread the word about Sunshine’s programming across Canada and raise support for more dreams! If you or a group are interested in planning your own event, please email events [at] sunshine [dot] ca to share your idea with us.
- Our organization is interested in group volunteer opportunities, how do we go about this?
Please email volunteer [at] sunshine [dot] cadata-mce-href="mailto:volunteer [at] sunshine [dot] ca"
- You have not answered my question. Who can I contact?
Please contact volunteer [at] sunshine [dot] ca. Our team will gladly answer your questions.